Anyone who has tried to quit smoking knows that it is no easy task. Cigarettes contain ~4000 harmful chemicals but it is the nicotine that is highly addictive and makes it very difficult for a person to quit smoking. Someone who plans to quit experiences the effects of quitting smoking on his/her body. This effect is termed as withdrawal symptoms and can include headaches, irritability, lack of concentration, including others. One of the best ways to cope up with the withdrawal symptoms is by gradually reducing the intake of nicotine until your body does not crave for it anymore. And that’s exactly how Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) works. It also does not have any of those ~4000 harmful chemicals present in cigarette smoke. Nicotex nicotine gums and lozenges both work on the principle of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). NRT is a WHO-approved programme that helps you quit smoking in just 12 weeks.
What are Nicotine Gums?
Nicotine gums work as smoking cessation aids, i.e. it helps you quit smoking. It works by gradually allowing your body to adjust to having less Nicotine until it no longer needs any. Nicotine chewing gums provide the user with a much smaller dosage of nicotine, without the harmful elements such as carbon monoxide and tar, found in cigarettes or tobacco products. You would find nicotine gums for sale in stores globally as it is one of the more commonly used Nicotine Replacement Therapy products.
How to use Nicotex Nicotine gums?
Nicotine gums shouldn’t be chewed like regular gums. It’s important to chew nicotine gums slowly to get the most out of them. The gum should be chewed after at least 15 minutes of eating or drinking. You need to use them in the following way for best results:
- Chew until you get the peppery taste of Nicotine.
- Rest it between
- When the taste fades, chew it again.
- Repeat this cycle for up to 30 minutes or till the taste lasts.
- Step down the dosage gradually over the next several weeks.
Nicotine gums come in either 2 or 4 mg of nicotine variants. Smokers who smoke less than 20 cigarettes a day should use 2mg gums. For those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day, 4mg gums are recommended, which is available on a doctor’s prescription. Nicotex Nicotine gum comes in six variants - Mint Plus, Fruity Mint, Paan, Cinnamon, Classic Fresh Mint and Teeth Whitening. For those who don’t prefer gums, we have mini lozenges too.
What are Nicotine Lozenges?
Nicotine lozenges are candy-like tablets just like throat lozenges. Again, Nicotine Lozenges works on the principle of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). You simply need to place a nicotine lozenge in your mouth and allow it to dissolve over the course of 20 to 30 minutes. This results in the absorption of nicotine into the bloodstream, helping manage cigarette cravings.
How to use Nicotex Nicotine Lozenges?
Adding to our portfolio of NRT products like gums and patches, these lozenges allow your body to gradually adjust to having less nicotine over a 12-week therapy program until you no longer need any and, thus, help you quit smoking. You need to use them in the following way for best results:
- Put a lozenge in your mouth.
- Slowly roll it around in your mouth and allow it to dissolve.
Benefits of Nicotex Nicotine Lozenges:
- Nicotex Lozenges are a quick and convenient way to quit smoking.
- Practically unnoticeable, useful for those who can’t or don’t like to chew gum.
- Choose the correct strength depending on your first cigarette of the day, according to these guidelines:
- 1 mg nicotine lozenges if you smoke less than 10 cigarettes a day.
- 2 mg nicotine lozenges if you smoke more than 10 cigarettes a day.
- Nicotine lozenges should be used in the following dosages:
- Weeks 1–6: One lozenge every 1 to 2 hours
- Weeks 7–9: One lozenge every 2 to 4 hours
- Weeks 10–12: One lozenge every 4 to 8 hours
Wait 15 minutes after eating before using a nicotine lozenge as acidic foods and beverages can inhibit the absorption of nicotine through the lining of the mouth.
Nicotex Nicotine gums & lozenges both help you quit smoking by slowly getting rid of the dependence on nicotine. Your first week without cigarettes will be the hardest to navigate through the cravings. But with strong willpower and the right support of your loved ones and Nicotex, you can surely quit.